Family Law

Family Law

The breakdown of a family can be one of the most stressful and difficult times in a person’s life. Finlay MacRae Gilmartin Warden can guide you through the divorce or separation process, providing advice and legal support from the outset.

We act for mothers, fathers, grandparents and others who want contact (access) with their children throughout Dundee and Tayside. It is often better for child residence (custody) and contact arrangements to be settled out of court and we can advise you on the process and negotiate on your behalf. Where court action becomes necessary we will act as your court lawyers to help you achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.

We have experience in Children’s Hearings and can accompany you to Panel Meetings and advise you on the procedure under the Children’s Hearing (Scotland) Act 2011.

​The involvement of the social work department in your family affairs is also a very confusing and difficult time. Whether your children are placed on a supervision requirement and/ or removed from your care, you will require the guidance of an experienced family law solicitor. We can attend all hearings with you and provide the necessary support and legal expertise you require.

Contact Us

    Contact Gilmartin Finlay MacRae Today

    If you are looking for help regarding any family law related matters please be sure to get in touch.

    Criminal Law

    With our vast’s amount of experience in this area, we are able to provide the best advice to individuals regardless of the complexity or seriousness of the case.

    Family & Domestic Law

    Our solicitors can provide a range of legal services to suit you. Our team is knowledgeable about everything from marriage and issues involving children.

    Divorce Seperation

    Our divorce solicitors know that a divorce can often involve very high emotions. Our professional team can assist you whatever your situation.

    Road Traffic Law

    We have decades of experience in successfully protecting peoples driving licences if you have been accused of drink driving, speeding or driving dangerously.